How Your Donation Makes a Difference
$15 will help to provide bread and spread, starting a day off with a decent breakfast, for a household in need for two months.
$60 will help to provide warm meals through our monthly food ration pack for a low-income household living in rental flat.
$180 will help to support Homecare visits by professional nurses for a senior in need for one month.
$1200 will enable a senior with dementia to be cared for by health care professionals, in a cognitive stimulating day care environment, for a month.
Support our work and empower us to do more with your regular giving!
We support our community through:
1) Family Support Service that comprises a combination of providing financial assistance and food distribution to the low income families in the short to medium term; and empowerment projects that need a longer period of intervention (i.e. Tuition and Bursary, Counselling, Support Groups, and Casework).
2) Dementia Day Care that cares for dementia clients and their caregivers;
3) Home Care that cater to the medical and nursing needs of the home bound and frail elderly; and
4) Active Ageing that promotes positive and healthy ageing.
Together with our partners, stakeholders, donors and volunteers, we forge ahead with hope to improving lives and impacting communities.
Care goals achievement rate: 85% (Target: 85%)
Caregiver Satisfaction: 90% (Target: 75%)
Maintenance/Improve Cognitive Status (MMSE Scores): 85% (Target: 75%)
2) Home Care Service: We provide home-based medical and nursing services for seniors who are homebound due to health conditions/frailty. Destitute seniors living on their own are also supported through financial assistance and befriending.
Customer Satisfaction: 83% (Target: 75%)
Hospital Re-admission: 29% (Target: less than 30%)
3) Active-ageing programmes: Developed and structured for more 'upstream' work of meeting evolving needs of the senior community, helping them increase their health competencies, to be healthy and to stay healthy.
4) Family Support Services: Reaching and helping disadvantage households - ensuring that they do not walk alone. Many of our clients are elderly and families living in rental flats around Chinatown and vicinity.
Impact: Close to 600 beneficiaries were served, including 300 households served by our food and bread distribution programme. Children and youths from low-income households get practical help through our tuition, nurture and holiday programmes.
Thank you for partnering us to Improve Lives and Impact Communities!