How Your Donation Makes a Difference
Thank you for donating $50. Every dollar is a step closer towards helping more stroke survivors on their recovery journey.
Thank you for donating $100. Every dollar is a step closer towards helping more stroke survivors on their recovery journey.
Thank you for donating $500. Every dollar is a step closer towards helping more stroke survivors on their recovery journey.
Thank you for donating $1000. Every dollar is a step closer towards helping more stroke survivors on their recovery journey.
About Campaignends 31 Aug 2018, 11:59 PM
In Singapore, 1 person suffers from stroke every hour. Stroke can strike anyone 18 to 80 years old, and the number of young stroke survivors are rising.
Denise Hu, is one such stroke survivor. She was not even 30 when she suffered a stroke. What first felt like she had her freedom taken away soon grew into a story of empowerment, thanks to the support and programmes at Stroke Support Station (S3).
Since joining us, Denise has seen improvements in her emotional and physical well being. Today, she is learning to walk slowly on her own. Most importantly, she no longer thinks "why me" and has learnt to accept her condition and grow in confidence.
Through S3 programmes, Denise has met fellow stroke survivors, caregivers, volunteers, and staff whom she can share her burdens and victories - just like a family.
Stroke can strike at any age. Support more stroke survivors like Denise, by making a donation today. Let's Walk Together.
About the Charity
Stroke Support Station (S3) is a non-profit organisation. Your generous donations will go a long way towards helping primarily stroke survivors in subsidizing our programmes and services.
We don't believe in giving up on stroke survivors.
We don't believe that caregivers should go unnoticed, unappreciated and unsupported.
We don't believe that any of the 5,500 of 6,600 patients who survive a stroke should end up facing the walls at home forever, after discharged from hospitals or rehabilitation centres.
We believe that stroke survivors, regardless of financial status, should have access to an avenue to recovery.
We believe in Hope.
S3 was set up by a group of volunteers from different walks of life. They bring with them different skillsets, and aim to:
- bridge the gap in the current landscape in the care of stroke survivors, their family members and caregivers.
- enhance stroke survivors' recovery opportunities and improve their overall quality of life.
We will achieve it through:
- providing a series of innovative programmes, incorporating physio-emotional, speech, and occupational therapies.
- providing social-emotional support, seeking to rebuild confidence and independence.
- providing support services, education and training to stroke survivors as well as their caregivers, family members, volunteers, and members of other VWOs that care for stroke survivors.
- using evidence-based and sustainable methodologies.
- using new approaches, technology and methodologies.