How Your Donation Makes a Difference
Helps a child receive 1 week of early intervention to aid their development
Provides 4 speech therapy sessions to help a child improve in his communication with his/her loved ones
Provides 4 days of specialised transport for a person with disabilities to access services at SPD
Provides a day of care and functional training for a person with disabilities at our Day Activity Centre
Your monthly giving will bring a steady stream of funds enabling us to plan and maximise our resources to deliver enhanced programmes and services to our clients.
We are here to help children and youths with special needs reach for the stars and be the best that they can be through early intervention and educational support.
We strive to boost the self-reliance and mobility of persons with disabilities within the community, and we do so through therapy services, assistive technology and the support and encouragement of our care team.
Our day care programmes provide respite to families, making it possible for persons with disabilities to stay with their loved ones at home for as long as possible without having to resort to institutional care.
A strong advocate for inclusive employment, we train people with disabilities and work with them to seek suitable employment opportunities so that they can be financially independent and lead a full and engaged life.
After more than 50 years, we remain focused and committed to enabling people with disabilities.
- An early head-start to kids through early intervention
- Equal educational opportunities for students with disabilities
Economic Self-Reliance - To increase employability through
- Vocational and work
- Preparation training
- Centre and home-based therapy services
- Application of assistive technology to overcome the limitations of disabilities
- Structured training at day care programme
Social Support - Holistic support rendered to clients and caregivers through
- Case management
- Caregiver support
- Application of schemes
Enabling the Sector
- Provide therapy services to other VWOs and community organisations
- Provide training on AT for caregivers and consultancy projects for VWOs or institutions
- Conduct workshops for those working with children with special needs in classrooms
- Foster greater disability awareness and community inclusion through public education talks and workshops
Our Wish List
SPD Sheltered Workshop is both a place for employment and vocational training for people with disabilities. The projects and small contract work that we secure from various organisations provide a real work environment for our trainees, thus improving their future employment prospects.
We are looking for a refrigerator for our trainees at the SPD Sheltered Workshop:
1) Dimensions (WxHxD) : 602 x 1505 x 657 mm
2) 268 L
3) 2 Door
Kindly contact Calvin Lee at [email protected] or 6579 0780 if you are keen to make a donation. Thank you :)