How Your Donation Makes a Difference
Your donation helps us organise more outreach activities to raise awareness about our Centre as well as programmes and activities.
Your donation helps women help other women in volunteer-led programmes such as our Sudoku Special Interest Circles and many more!
Prevention is better than cure. Your donation helps us develop programmes which promote health and well-being for women from the age of 40.
In the new normal, your donation helps us train and equip women with the confidence and skills to stay engaged and connected in the digital space.
About Campaignends 31 Dec 2021, 11:59 PM
In the face of a rapidly ageing population, medical cost in Singapore is expected to rise. Therefore, it is imperative to focus on preventive health initiatives that start at a younger age so that the financial burden on the nation's healthcare system may be eased.
Just as it takes a village to raise a child, it takes a community to care for ageing seniors. At Society for WINGS, our programmes encourage older women to be physically active, eat healthily, stay socially engaged and connected to one another, volunteer and contribute, and be happy. This enables both self-care and community care. Our vision is for our Centre to be a positive space for women to come to learn and interact, and in turn they become the heartware of the community, inspiring other women to support one another in ageing well and living well.
Funds raised will help us do the following in support of our mission to help women in their later years:
1. Emotional and Mental Well-being Workshops
2. Digital Literacy Courses
3. Care-giving Courses that train women to upgrade their skills and strengthen their roles as grandparent
4. Special Interest Groups Activities led by volunteers
5. Volunteer Opportunities
6. Outreach Activities to more seniors
7. Keep WINGS Centre operational
About the Charity
Established since 2007, WINGS is the only non-profit in Singapore singularly focused on helping women through their later years by providing education and activities focused on our three pillars of health (physical and emotional), financial security and forming meaningful relationships with the community.
Ageing Well, Living Well
WINGS empowers women to age well, by staying healthy, being financially secure and staying socially engaged.
Why is our focus on women still relevant today?
1) The number of older women living alone has increased by 40% over the past 15 years.
2) Women outlive men by two to eight years on average with more illness and disability during those years.
3) The average female CPF balance is just 69% of the average male.
4) Women are caregivers to spouses, grandchildren and other family members. They sacrifice career for caregiving and have less money for retirement. The quality of care that older women can provide to others depends firstly on the protection of their own well-being.
5) According to the WHO, ageing & health programmes must be tailored for women to be effective.