SOCIETY FOR WINGS
How Your Donation Makes a Difference
Established since 2007, WINGS is the only non-profit in Singapore singularly focused on promoting active ageing for women.
Happy, Healthy and Secure Ageing For Every Woman.
WINGS aims to empower women to embrace ageing with confidence by enabling them to take responsibility for their happiness, health and security so that they can make a difference for themselves and their communities
Why do women need WINGS?
1) Women live longer than men and are likely to become widows.
2) Older women experience more disease and disability as compared to men.
3) Older women tend to have lower educational levels and therefore lower income & savings for their later years.
4) Women are caregivers to spouses, grandchildren and other family members. They sacrificed career for caregiving and have less money for retirement. The quality of care that older women can provide to others depends firstly on the protection of their own well-being.
5) According to the WHO, ageing & health programmes must be tailored for women to be effective.
In the last 10 years, WINGS has touched the lives of more than 20,000 women at our centre and women in the community.
We do this through providing our flagship programmes on happiness, health and security and training certified confinement nannies.
We create a place for our beneficiaries to learn and grow, whilst providing a platform for friendship and support.
To commemorate WINGS 10th Anniversary, we will be extending our services to more women in WINGS Centre and in the community. We will also be introducing new programmes for women to further discover themselves and their passions.
To continue serving women to age with confidence, we need to raise $900,000 for 2017. Please support us.