Established since 2007, WINGS is the only non-profit in Singapore singularly focused on helping women through their later years by providing education and activities focused on our three pillars of health (physical and emotional), financial security and forming meaningful relationships with the community.
Ageing Well, Living Well
WINGS empowers women to age well, by staying healthy, being financially secure and staying socially engaged.
Why is our focus on women still relevant today?
1) The number of older women living alone has increased by 40% over the past 15 years.
2) Women outlive men by two to eight years on average with more illness and disability during those years.
3) The average female CPF balance is just 69% of the average male.
4) Women are caregivers to spouses, grandchildren and other family members. They sacrifice career for caregiving and have less money for retirement. The quality of care that older women can provide to others depends firstly on the protection of their own well-being.
5) According to the WHO, ageing & health programmes must be tailored for women to be effective.