How Your Donation Makes a Difference
Thank you for donating 10 dollars.
Thank you for donating 50 dollars.
Thank you for donating 100 dollars.
Thank you for donating 200 dollars.
About Campaignends 28 Dec 2017, 11:59 PM
Gardening as therapy will help:
- Maintain mobility and endurance by encouraging physical gross and fine motor skills practice
- Reduces stress, promotes relaxation and pain relief by being immersed in gardening
- Develop self-esteem and sense of accomplishment
- Improves well-being as a result of increased social interaction
- Multisensory stimulation for residents with dementia
Residents will be able to enjoy additional activities such as
1. Watering plants
2. Planting seeds
3. Harvesting crops
4. Pruning and tiding garden
5. Repotting and rearranging area
6. Multisensory enjoyment - smelling, touching, looking, listening, tasting and remembering
7. Craft activities associated with plants
About the Charity
Society for the Aged Sick is a Voluntary Welfare Organisation providing quality and holistic care for the destitute and aged sick. Established in 1968 as a 16 bedded facility, we now have 404 beds in our current location. We create a home within a home environment where our residents can enjoy professional and individualized care. Every resident is treated with respect and we affirm that our residents' dignity is at the core of our work.