How Your Donation Makes a Difference
Your S$60 donation will provide 3 days' worth of meals and transportation for a less privileged medical student.
Your S$120 donation will support a team of students for a terminally ill patient and his/her family to embark on a project to create a keepsake as parting gifts of sentiment for their loved ones.
Your S$240 donation will support a student to provide free door-to-door health screenings for about 15 low income elderly living in rental flats.
Your S$1,060 donation will provide a less privileged student an opportunity to pick up invaluable knowledge/experience from global practitioners through overseas learning conference.
About Campaignends 25 Apr 2022, 11:59 PM
With a recession looming, our needy medical students face an uncertain future ahead. Many families face possible job losses and income depreciation as we continue to battle this virus over a prolonged period of time.
The purpose and objective of this fundraising project is to raise funds so as to allow us to fulfill our mission as follows:
1. To continue to provide financial support to our needy medical students from our 3 medical schools via the SMA-Medical Students' Assistance Fund.
2. To continue to advocate volunteerism amongst our medical students through sponsorship of meaningful community projects in order to nurture compassionate doctors who cure sometimes, treat often and comfort always.
3. Supporting learning exposure by providing needy medical students equal opportunities to gain international exposure and experience for better health outcomes for the public
4. Recognising outstanding Mentorship. This sponsored award seeks to recognise outstanding mentors who have made a significant difference to their students' medical journey.
5. To support operational overheads incurred as a result of our charitable works.
About the Charity
The SMA Charity Fund (SMACF) was set up by the Singapore Medical Association (SMA) in 2013 and has been a registered charity under the Charities Act since 17 April 2013 and a registered charity with IPC status since 27 December 2013.
SMACF was created to further the works done under the SMA-Medical Students' Assistance Fund, a bursary program established in 2007, to help underprivileged medical students in NUS Medicine, and now to LKC Medicine and Duke-NUS too.
Together with many medical professionals and like-minded individuals, we are committed to the future of medicine in Singapore by ensuring that any young person who has the passion, ability and dream to be a doctor, irrespective of family background and socioeconomic status are able to pursue a career in medicine.
Apart from financial assistance bursaries, SMACF also supports learning exposure, advocates volunteerism, provides support for health and public health related education and recognises mentorship by acknowledging exemplary medical educators.