How Your Donation Makes a Difference
Est. $4/mth (a cup of latte!) supports writers on their development journeys. You will also receive an SLS tote bag so we can accompany you on yours!
Est. $8/mth (all the huat!) bridges communities. This connection is embodied in an SLS letter writing and cat sticker pack + the tote bag from the $50 tier perk!
Est. $16/mth (the cost of a book!) archives Sing Lit resources. Document your journey with a concert-style SLS venues T-shirt and SLS journal + everything in the $100 tier!
Est. $66/mth (dinner and drinks!) brings fresh perspectives to Sing Lit. Enjoy an eye-opening coffee, whiskey OR ice-cream appreciation session with a writer + everything in the $200 tier!
About Campaignends 30 Nov 2021, 11:59 PM
- Supported writers' journeys through The HALP Fund, Manuscript Bootcamp (Prose/Poetry), Jalan Besar Writing Residency, The Hawker Prize for Southeast Asian Poetry & WrICE regional residency;
- Bridged communities through Book A Writer, Carnival of Poetry, SEAPoWriMo, SingPoWriMo & poetry workshops in prisons;
- Archived and made educational resources on Poetry.sg, Prose.sg and SingPoWriMo Magazine;
- Experimented with perspectives through anthologies (11 x 9, Call and Response 1 & 2, to let the light in) & showcases (NEW WORKS, Sing Lit Body Slam, Sing Lit Cloud, Sing Lit Sounds, Singapore Poetry On The Sidewalks).
What's next? Our Major Company Grant cycle ends in Mar'22 & we'll only know in Dec'21 whether our application for the next 3 years is successful. We're raising $55,000 for:
- community outreach to more migrant writing communities, marginalised youths & interdisciplinary groups;
- writer development programmes & a new initiative to help writers write grants & pitch projects;
- youth development programmes: we've met so many talented youths in our programmes & want to keep them invested in Sing Lit outside of school hours
...& that's just what we can share!
Share our campaign with your friends & help us keep our Station going! We're excited to see how the next 3 years unfold - aren't you?
About the Charity
Est. July 2016 / A platform where readers and writers meet.
Sing Lit Station is a literary non-profit and writers' centre in Singapore. We are a registered charity and Institution of Public Character (IPC) since Dec 2016. We aim to grow the literary community by:
1. Providing professional development for emerging and established writers;
2. Creating a one-stop portal for new and existing readers of Singapore literature;
3. Building a participative community within the literary scene and the general reading population.
Beyond our core programmes described below, we also organise a variety of innovative outreach and public art programmes including the Singapore Poetry On The Sidewalks, where we stencilled invisible poetry onto the sidewalks of popular art districts; Sing Lit Body Slam, where we offered a world-first showcase blending professional wrestling and spoken word; as well as Manuscript Bootcamp, our exclusive and intensive weekend-long editorial programme for aspiring writers. We are also carrying a writing workshop series for migrant workers and other underprivileged communities.