How Your Donation Makes a Difference
Est. $5/mth grows new readers! Pick ONE (1) of these perks: (i) Sing Lit Singlet, (ii) To Bear Clear Witness tote bag OR A2 poster, (iii) Adopt-a-Community Plant, (iv) Calibri Enamel pin
Est. $10/mth develops writers! Pick THREE (3) of these perks: (i) Sing Lit Singlet, (ii) To Bear Clear Witness tote bag OR A2 poster, (iii) Adopt-a-Community Plant, (iv) Calibri Enamel pin
Est. $20/mth reaches marginalised groups! Receive ALL of these perks: (i) Sing Lit Singlet, (ii) To Bear Clear Witness tote bag AND A2 poster, (iii) Adopt-a-Community Plant, (iv) Calibri Enamel pin
Est. $50/mth expands our programmes & includes more wtf-ness into our initiatives. You will receive an invite for an exclusive group lunch with authors at Bismillah Biryani AND all $240 tier perks.
About Campaignends 31 Dec 2019, 11:59 PM
We believe everyone has a story to tell. In 2019, we reached 4,109 youths with Book A Writer (BAW); spreading Sing Lit to new generations. We held poetry workshops in prisons & donated Sing Lit books to their library. We gather local & migrant writers in Carnival of Poetry & Migrant Literature Festival. We painted Singapore Poetry On The Sidewalks in Punggol, launched a SingPoWriMo journal & sold out 2 nights of Sing Lit Body Slam. We strive for new frontiers, break norms & get Sing Lit into hands & hearts.
We couldn't have done all of this without you.
In 2020, we'll:
- Engage youth: Bring BAW to new schools & expand our writer network;
- Reach communities: Make our prison poetry workshops a regular feature; continue supporting Carnival of Poetry, Migrant Literature Festival & start a new workshop for migrant writers; work with mental health & hospice networks;
- Archive Sing Lit: Expand poetry.sg with Chinese-language writers & create teaching resources;
- Develop writers: Launch the 3rd manuscript bootcamp (Prose); organise a new intercultural writing residency for 10 Singaporean and Asian writers; support more workshops & masterclasses;
- Conquer the Internet: New editions of SingPoWriMo & SeaPoWriMo
& that's just what we can share!
Tell our story to your friends & colleagues, so we can tell stories for all of us. Thank you for keeping our Station going!
About the Charity
Est. July 2016 / A platform where readers and writers meet.
Sing Lit Station is a literary non-profit and writers' centre in Singapore. We are a registered charity and Institution of Public Character (IPC) since Dec 2016. We aim to grow the literary community by:
1. Providing professional development for emerging and established writers;
2. Creating a one-stop portal for new and existing readers of Singapore literature;
3. Building a participative community within the literary scene and the general reading population.
Beyond our core programmes described below, we also organise a variety of innovative outreach and public art programmes including the Singapore Poetry On The Sidewalks, where we stencilled invisible poetry onto the sidewalks of popular art districts; Sing Lit Body Slam, where we offered a world-first showcase blending professional wrestling and spoken word; as well as Manuscript Bootcamp, our exclusive and intensive weekend-long editorial programme for aspiring writers. We are also carrying a writing workshop series for migrant workers and other underprivileged communities.