Singapore Anglican Community Services
How Your Donation Makes a Difference
- Hougang Care Centre & Simei Care Centre are psychiatric rehabilitation facilities with residential and day care services.
- Community Rehabilitation and Support Service (at Bt Batok, Yishun and Pasir Ris) community based services with home visitation and day programmes.
- Employment Support Services provides job training and placement for persons recovering from psychiatric illnesses.
- Social Enterprises which operate thrift stores, gift stores and two rehabilitation workshops, provide work opportunities and allowances and subsidies for our beneficiaries,
- PEACE-Connect Cluster Operator oversees a Cluster Support, two Senior Activity Centres and a Senior Group Home.
- Jurong East Cluster Operator oversees a Cluster Support and a Senior Group Home.
- Senior Community Outreach and Volunteer Engagement trains active seniors and engage them to reach out the less privileged senior in the western Singapore.
- Senior Activity Centers
We work with hospital, clinics, grassroots organizationa, Family Service Centres to educate the public about mental illness and the help available. A person may be referred to any of our services:
a) Residential Services for transitional accommodation with help in case management, counselling and medication. Clients are taught skills for self care & independent living skills such as personal hygiene, daily living skills, social and interpersonal relationship skills. They also take part in psychosocial, vocational and leisure programs as part of the recovery process.
b) Home Visitation, operating out of 3 HDB void decks at Bt Batok, Pasir Ris and Yishun, reaches out to clients and their family caregivers where they live.
c) Day Care Services runs a structured daytime programme for the clients to socialise and learn life skills and practical skills.
d) Employment Training and Placement support the clients in job training, and to find, secure and sustain employment in th