About Campaignends 31 Jan 2022, 11:59 PM
From 10 am to 10 pm, singers from all walks of life, age, and race will take turns every 20 minutes to perform all music styles.
Since 2013, Sing'theatre has brought live music to the hospitals with several programs such as:
- [email protected], an annual festival of music for all by all
- Weekly concerts programs at NUH and Tan Tock Seng Hospital and
- 365 days of [email protected] since October 2019, bringing 1 hour of live music every day in one of the public hospitals. Since Feb 2020, 365 days of [email protected] pivoted online. Big screens were set up in hospitals to allow patients to enjoy concerts where they could interact with the performers.
Sing'theatre is also working on a new program, "Singing for Good" that aims at creating singing groups with underserved communities as singing has been proven to have many positive impacts on health. Thus, offering weekly group singing sessions to those communities makes so much sense for Sing'theatre!
Discussions are on the way with few organisations, including Cancer support groups, to create online choirs.
#SGCares #GivingWeekSG #CityOfGood
About the Charity
Sing'theatre is a non-profit professional theatre company. Sing'theatre recognised as an Institution of Public Character. Our mission is to be a creative platform that uses music and theatre to help shape an inspiring future.
Our motto is PERFORMING FOR A BETTER SOCIETY by:
1. Producing musical revues and shows that open social dialogues in the Singaporean community and promote multicultural interaction
2. Making music and theatre universally accessible, especially in hospitals, reaching out in particular to the most isolated and underprivileged patients
3. Empowering youth and the community as a whole by sharing our passion for performing and providing top-level musical theatre training