About Campaign

ends 31 Dec 2019, 11:59 PM
About Relay Majulah
Relay Majulah is a ground-up initiative to form a 200-runners team to conquer 2,000km over 200 hours (2-10 Nov 2019) to raise funds for President's Challenge and its 67 supported charities; and to commemorate Singapore's 200 years. It also aims to unite the community, for the community; and tell the inspiring stories of people with indomitable spirit, who live life to the full and live life without limits.

I am a Prosthodontist with Specialist Dental Group and an Adjunct Associate Professor with the Faculty of Dentistry at the National University of Singapore. Running has transformed me - it has not only helped me lose more than 25kg, but also brought meaningful friendships with Singaporeans from different walks of life.

It was a great honour for me to represent Singapore, and win the Gold Medal for the 5000m event (M50-54) at the Asia Masters Athletics Championships in 2016 and come in 11th at the World Masters Athletics Championships that same year. I am currently the National Masters Record Holder for the 800m and 5000m and marathon.

Relay Majulah is the first of its kind in Singapore. Even though I am only covering 1% of the total relay distance, I know that the other runners are counting on me while I am counting on them for the other 99% of the work. This team effort reflects the nature of the saying "One for All, and All for One." I hope that through my fundraising efforts, I can contribute to build a better Singapore for generations to come.

About the Charity

The President's Challenge is an annual community outreach and fundraising campaign for charities selected every year by the President's Office. It is a call to all Singaporeans in doing their part in building a more caring and inclusive society.

Initiated in 2000 by former President S R Nathan, the Challenge represents the coming together of people from all walks of life, to help the less fortunate. In 2012, under the leadership of former President Tony Tan Keng Yam, the Challenge was expanded to go beyond fundraising by including volunteerism and social

In 2018, President Halimah Yacob announced a $10 million fund (Empowering For Life Fund) which will empower vulnerable groups through skills upgrading, capacity-building and employment. Visit http://www.pc.org.sg/WhoWeSupport to find out about the benefiting organisations supported by President's Challenge this year. 100% of the donations received go towards the charities we support.


Fundraising can help to raise more and change more lives.

Children & Youth

President's Challenge Secretariat, Contact Person