How Your Donation Makes a Difference
In appreciation of your support, you will receive (worth $213.80): 1x CAT 1 show ticket to Immortal Variables, autographed house programme, 1x wine and 1x tea.
In appreciation of your support, you will receive (worth $427.60): 2x CAT 1 show tickets to Immortal Variables, autographed house programme, 2x wine, 2x tea and 9-Cell membership.
In appreciation of your support, you will receive (worth $641.40): 3x CAT 1 show tickets to Immortal Variables, autographed house programme, 3x wine, 3x tea and 9-Cell membership.
In appreciation of your support, you will receive (worth $855.20): 4x CAT 1 show tickets to Immortal Variables, autographed house programme, 4x wine, 4x tea and 9-Cell membership.
About Campaignends 31 Aug 2023, 11:59 PM
The cost for independently producing a cross-border collaboration is high. Hence, we need your help. Your contribution will help us:
- Produce high-quality performances
- Bring Singapore's Mandarin theatre to overseas audiences
- Explore future cross-border and cross-cultural collaborations
As Nine Years Theatre is an Institute of Public Character (IPC), your donation will qualify for 250% tax deduction and help us benefit from 1:1 Cultural Matching Fund.
In appreciation of your support, we would love to offer:
- Complimentary ticket(s) to Immortal Variables
- Autographed house programme(s)
- Tea (Tie Guan Yin Autumn Harvest) worth $69.80, from Pek Sin Choon
- Wine from Cornerstone Wines.
For donations above $328, you will also receive a 9-Cell membership offering ticket discounts for our productions.
Please join us in our commitment in cross-border artistic exchanges.
About the Charity
Nine Years Theatre is a Singapore Mandarin theatre company that loves to dream up game-changing ways to do things. Since the beginning, we have insisted on the hard route of investing time and effort in training our actors, so that we can create works that feel integrated because of consistency and grounded-ness. We believe in entertaining our audience, but in ways that are honest and thoughtful. We present Mandarin productions with English surtitles. They are often described as culturally challenging, emotionally universal and full of care for humanity. Our works have therefore always allowed us to connect with audiences from all backgrounds. We like to busy ourselves with ideas on how to engage our audiences beyond performances, and to share our knowledge with the larger community. We are also very interested in finding ways to dialogue with local and international counterparts through difficult but meaningful collaboration.
What Are Our Beliefs?
- That we will not create without training, and that we will train in order to create.
- That our work will always benefit from it being difficult to make.
- That the audience should not merely consume art, but be given the opportunity to discuss art.
- That Theatre is always about people.