How Your Donation Makes a Difference
Thank you for donating under the "Standard" category of the 9-Cell Donation Grid! Your donation helps us establish systems to perfect our operations.
Thank you for donating under the "Physique" category of the 9-Cell Donation Grid! Your contribution helps us share the training methods that build our physique.
Thank you for donating under the "Personality" category of the 9-Cell Donation Grid! Your backing helps us accumulate our experiences and grow personality.
Thank you for donating under the "Style" category of the 9-Cell Donation Grid! Your support pushes us to explore and create new directions.
About Campaignends 31 Dec 2020, 11:59 PM
By becoming a 9-Cell Donation Grid donor, you allow us to keep in touch with you. In acknowledgement of your donation, we extend the corresponding forms of appreciation for a validity period of 1 year (validity will be extended in consideration of COVID-19 measures).
As Nine Years Theatre is an Institute of Public Character (IPC), your donation will qualify for 250% tax deduction. Your donation will also help us benefit from 1:1 Cultural Matching Fund.
Your gift will help us:
- Produce performances with high production qualities.
- Conduct classes for fellow actors to hone their craft.
- Reach out to a bigger audience.
- Engage audience and encourage critical thinking after watching a performance.
- Foster new relationships with international counterparts to explore cross-cultural collaborations.
Please help us deliver high quality productions and bring actor-training opportunities to the community. Your donation will enable us to do more!
About the Charity
Nine Years Theatre is a Singapore Mandarin theatre company that loves to dream up game-changing ways to do things. Since the beginning, we have insisted on the hard route of investing time and effort in training our actors, so that we can create works that feel integrated because of consistency and grounded-ness. We believe in entertaining our audience, but in ways that are honest and thoughtful. We present Mandarin productions with English surtitles. They are often described as culturally challenging, emotionally universal and full of care for humanity. Our works have therefore always allowed us to connect with audiences from all backgrounds. We like to busy ourselves with ideas on how to engage our audiences beyond performances, and to share our knowledge with the larger community. We are also very interested in finding ways to dialogue with local and international counterparts through difficult but meaningful collaboration.
What Are Our Beliefs?
- That we will not create without training, and that we will train in order to create.
- That our work will always benefit from it being difficult to make.
- That the audience should not merely consume art, but be given the opportunity to discuss art.
- That Theatre is always about people.