How Your Donation Makes a Difference
Let's embrace uniqueness and have an inclusive heart.
About Campaignends 24 Oct 2018, 11:59 PM
Since then, the Run has evolved to over 1500 participants. Proceeds are directed to the development and enrichment of Metta disability care, medical care, special education and early intervention programmes. Metta provides aid to over 1000 beneficiaries, children, youth and adults with special needs, the elderly and the terminally ill and transcends race and religious backgrounds.
Metta Charity Run only has one mission
Get Fit and Leave Your Philanthropic Footprints Behind!
About the Charity
Founded in 1992 by Venerable Chao Khun Fa Zhao, Metta Welfare Association was registered as a charity in 1994. Endorsed by the MSF, MOH and MOE, we are a member of the National Council of Social Service, Singapore Hospice Council and Singapore Disability Sports Council.
Metta Welfare Association aims to provide the following services to the community:
1) To provide accessible and affordable medical care to the less fortunate - home hospice care for the terminally ill and day rehabilitative services for elderly and stroke patients.
2) To provide disability care, respite care, residential care, and training for the intellectually disabled.
3) To provide special education and training for children with mild intellectual disability and/or autism.
4) To provide community care services for the elderly, students and children.
5) To develop and provide forms of medical care and welfare services as required by the community.