How Your Donation Makes a Difference
Become a Superhero and Transform Lives. $10 = ONE e-Butterfly adopted. $10 will help to provide one tea breaks to TWO preschoolers with special needs from Metta [email protected]
e-Butterflies x 2. It will help to provide basic personal grooming tools and 10 pieces of adult diapers for ONE beneficiary of Metta Day Activity Centre for the Intellectually Disabled for 5 day
e-Butterflies x 3 adopted. It will help to provide ONE meal for ONE beneficiary of Metta Home for the Disabled & Day Activity Centre for a week.
e-Butterflies x 5 adopted. It will help to provide patients of Metta Hospice Care the use of medical equipment in their homes.
About Campaignends 31 Oct 2017, 11:59 PM
Brightly coloured butterflies are aplenty yet dull-coloured butterflies often goes unnoticed; much like Metta Welfare Association's beneficiaries.
The butterfly is a significant metaphor of our beneficiaries and their daily struggles through the metamorphosis of life stages. With diligence, patience and endurance, Metta Alumni youths with special needs individually hand-crafted these ceramic butterflies through a long and tedious process of kneading, rolling and cutting. The butterflies are then left to dry for hours before they are fired in the kiln.
Through the creation of the clay butterflies, this initiative is a representation of the efforts to educate, rehabilitate and improve the lives of our beneficiaries.
Look past their disabilities and see the beauty in them. For every $10 donation, you adopt an e-Butterfly and show your support for our beneficiaries. With every struggle overcome, hope awaits.
Adopt a butterfly today.
Be a Superhero and transform lives.
For more information, please email us at [email protected], or call at 6580 4688
* Donors will receive an e-Butterfly to their respective email registered with Giving.sg as a gesture of adoption of Metta's butterflies.
About the Charity
Founded in 1992 by Venerable Shi Fa Zhao, Metta Welfare Association was registered as a charity in 1994. Endorsed by the MSF, MOH and MOE, we are a member of the National Council of Social Service, Singapore Hospice Council and Singapore Disability Sports Council.
Metta Welfare Association aims to provide the following services to the community:
1) To provide accessible and affordable medical care to the less fortunate - home hospice care for the terminally ill and day rehabilitative services for elderly and stroke patients.
2) To provide disability care, respite care, residential care, and training for the intellectually disabled.
3) To provide special education and training for children with mild intellectual disability and/or autism.
4) To provide community care services for the elderly, students and children.
5) To develop and provide forms of medical care and welfare services as required by the community.