How Your Donation Makes a Difference
F.L.A.M.E Virtual Race Fight to improve Lives, Be an Advocate for Metta's Extraordinaires for beneficiaries in Disability Care!
About Campaignends 30 Nov 2018, 11:59 PM
If you did not manage to participate in our recent Metta Charity Run, OR you simply wish to do more, join us in our FLAME virtual run!
This is a simple and fun way for YOU to join us in our efforts to make an impact on the lives of Metta's beneficiaries.
We serve over 1,100 beneficiaries, whom we call "Metta's Extraordinaires". Playing a pivotal role in serving our beneficiaries are nine welfare centres, which are segregated into 5 main services. Alumni Care, Special Education, Children Care, Medical Care & Disability Care
Convert your weekend running sessions or leisure walks into something special - walk/run for any of our services.
Minimum distance of 5km or 10,000 steps.
For a donation fee of only $15, register for the virtual race, complete the minimum distance/steps required and you will receive a finisher medal & stand to win one of our 10 lucky draw prizes!
About the Charity
Founded in 1992 by Venerable Chao Khun Fa Zhao, Metta Welfare Association was registered as a charity in 1994. Endorsed by the MSF, MOH and MOE, we are a member of the National Council of Social Service, Singapore Hospice Council and Singapore Disability Sports Council.
Metta Welfare Association aims to provide the following services to the community:
1) To provide accessible and affordable medical care to the less fortunate - home hospice care for the terminally ill and day rehabilitative services for elderly and stroke patients.
2) To provide disability care, respite care, residential care, and training for the intellectually disabled.
3) To provide special education and training for children with mild intellectual disability and/or autism.
4) To provide community care services for the elderly, students and children.
5) To develop and provide forms of medical care and welfare services as required by the community.