How Your Donation Makes a Difference
- Ignite the artist in me: "Art Lessons excites me and gives me a chance to express my creativity while enriching myself with different perspectives."
- Rediscovering a better me: "Every session of Art Therapy, allow me to be more self-aware and confident with my challenges in the fight against MD."
- Unleash my potential: "Attend Centre-based Activities weekly to build a more well-rounded me, as we learn social skills, functional skills and vocational skills."
- Keep my muscles going: "Attend a year of group Physiotherapy to help me maintain my muscle usage and give me the strength to carry on."
About Campaignends 31 Dec 2021, 11:59 PM
** Watch the 4th December livestream via the link below **
MDAS is committed to uplifting the lives of children and adults living with MD. As a dedicated group, we understand the challenges they face, and as such, our programmes and services are aimed at enhancing the quality of life for these families. These range from life-skills training and health education to physiotherapy, respite care and financial-related assistance. Our support ensures that every life journey of a person with MD is cared for holistically.
Your generous donation* will go towards supporting MDAS's operating expenditure in providing programmes, services, all supporting costs for over 500 beneficiaries and sustain its operating activities.
Be our strength. Join us in the fight against MD.
*Donations above $50 are applicable for a 250% tax exemption.
About the Charity
The Muscular Dystrophy Association (Singapore), MDAS, is a non-profit social service agency that empowers persons with Muscular Dystrophy and their families through programmes and services. MDAS is a full member of NCSS and a registered charity with IPC (Institution of Public Character) status.
Since our inception in March 2000, our mission is:
- To provide care and support to people with Muscular Dystrophy;
- To provide health and public education on Muscular Dystrophy;
- And to support medical research on Muscular Dystrophy
Muscular Dystrophy (MD) is a group of genetic physical conditions characterised by muscle-weakening and contractures. Persons with MD face challenges with activities of daily living, from flipping a page in a book, to toileting and bathing. Many persons with MD have to rely on mobility aids, especially a motorised wheelchair, in order to commute. There is currently no known cure for MD.
Your generous donation will go towards supporting MDAS's operating expenditure in providing programmes, services, all supporting costs for over 500 beneficiaries and sustain its operating activities.