Jazz Association (Singapore), or JASS, was founded in September 2016 with the aim of promoting the participation, engagement, and excellence of jazz in Singapore. In March 2017, we were accorded charity status and subsequently attained IPC status in November 2018.
Our vision is to be a centre of excellence in jazz in Singapore, to bring the joy of jazz to people in Singapore from all walks of life and across diverse communities, and to make Singapore a leading global city of jazz.
Our mission is to play a strong part in lifting the Singapore jazz scene to new heights by:
1. Forming a core pool of established, professional-level local jazz musicians and facilitating continuing education in jazz
2. Leveraging jazz as a unifying force to promote interaction, cohesion and inclusiveness among our diverse communities in Singapore
3. Playing a major role in bridging the needs of the audience with those of the jazz practitioners and other arts groups' objectives
4. Making Singapore a nexus for collaborations between Singaporean and international jazz musicians
5. Developing Singapore into a vibrant city of jazz for Singaporeans, residents and visitors alike
6. Supporting eligible local jazz musicians impacted by crisis with short-term financial aid*
*In July 2020, we added a new mission pillar.