HUMANITARIAN ORGANISATION FOR MIGRATION ECONOMICS
How Your Donation Makes a Difference
HOME (Humanitarian Organisation for Migration Economics) is a charitable organisation with Institution of Public Character status. Since 2004, we have been dedicated to improving the welfare and upholding the rights of migrant workers in Singapore.
Migrant workers play a vital role in contributing to Singapore. They take on low-waged jobs as domestic workers or in the construction, marine, manufacturing, service and conservancy sectors. Their work is often dangerous and precarious.
We assist migrant workers who suffer abuse and exploitation. Unpaid salaries, excessive working hours, work injuries, physical and psychological abuse are some of the common problems these workers face. Some of them may also be victims of human trafficking.
We run a shelter for domestic workers, helpdesks for domestic workers and male migrant workers. We also offer legal assistance, health education and vocational training to the workers. In 2015 alone, over 2,000 migrant workers received assistance from us. And about 2,000 domestic workers have sat through our skills training courses.
HOME works with government agencies, civic groups, corporations and other community partners to realise our vision in creating an inclusive society that stands for justice, fairness and equality.
- Shelter and social support for abused or trafficked migrant workers
- Recreation and activities/workshops that promote psychological well being
- HOME Academy: Skills training such as English language & computer lessons, baking, cooking and caregiver classes for domestic workers
- Capacity building workshops such as sexual health education
- Help Desks/Help Lines which provide employment advice and emotional support
- Public education on issues affecting migrant workers
- Research and documentation on the experiences of migrant workers
- Legal Aid