Haemophilia Society of Singapore
How Your Donation Makes a Difference
The Haemophilia Society of Singapore is a voluntary organisation that was set up in 1985 by a group of people with haemophilia, parents, healthcare providers and interested professionals. It is an Institution of Public Character and an affiliated members of the National Council of Social Service and also a member of the World Federation of Haemophilia.
Haemophilia is a lifelong bleeding disorder that prevents blood from clotting properly. People with haemophilia lack the required clotting factor and treatment is infusion of the needed clotting factor to stop spontaneous bleeds or from injuries.
Our Mission: to ensure that every person with haemophilia receive affordable and safe treatment so as to lead productive lives in Society.
Our Objectives: * To help people with haemophilia to achieve their potential. * To assist with treatment costs. * To look after the welfare of people with haemophilia. * To promote public awareness and understanding of haemophilia.
* Factor Subsidy: Treatment is very costly and most patients cannot afford it. The Society provides subsidies to assist its members to defray part of their treatment costs.
* Welfare Fund: To provide financial assistance to members facing hardships.
* Seminars/Talks: To impart knowledge, to keep abreast of developments and management of haemophilia from experts, both locally and from overseas.
* Educational Awards: To encourage student members from primary to tertiary to value the importance of education.
* Support Group: To enable parents to obtain moral support from one another.
* Fund Raising: The Society is manned by a team of volunteers and all funds raised are channelled to help subsidise members' treatment costs. The Society's income is derived mainly from donations and fund raising projects. Fund raising projects include Charity Film Premiere, Project Calendar and Walkathon. All donations are tax-exempted.