How Your Donation Makes a Difference
Show your support to people with visual impairment and their caregivers.
Provide a GDS client with new mobility cane or information technology skills.
Train a GDS client with basic mobility cane skills and activities of daily living or provide a client with a new guide dog harness.
Creates a holistic rehabilitation programme to improve quality of life and independence for a client through orientation & mobility training.
About Campaignends 31 Oct 2018, 11:59 PM
- There is no official consensus on the number of people with visual impairment in Singapore. This is unsettling as it shows Singapore's society is still uninformed and detached about visual impairment.
- Based on a study done more than 10 years ago, there are more than 20,000 people with visual impairment.
- This outlook is not ideal and the number will grow as Singapore has a high rate of myopia and diabetes, and an aging population. All three are major causes of visual impairment.
White Cane Community Day 2018
- A day to recognise the abilities and success of people with visual impairment.
- We hold a community event annually to educate the public on visual impairment and reinforce the truth that people with visual impairment are not limited by their disability.
- With your support, there are ways for people with visual impairment to overcome challenges and live fulfilling lives.
- We aim to raise $100,000 to help us execute a successful outreach event for education and awareness purposes, and channel towards training more clients for their empowerment.
- For donations-in-kind for our goodie bags and lucky draws, to set up a stall at our event with percentage of proceeds to GDS, or others, please contact us: admin @ guidedogs.org.sg / 6339 7900.
Join us to enable our clients with visual impairment and help our guide dogs become heroes. Yes, they are able!
About the Charity
At Guide Dogs Singapore Ltd (GDS), we believe that people who are blind or visually impaired should not be limited by their disability. Therefore, GDS aims to empower people who are blind or visually impaired to lead an independent life, by teaching them the skills needed to overcome the challenges they face. As an Institute of Public Character (IPC) charity, donations S$10 or above is eligible for 250% tax relief. Based on 2015 Ministry of Social and Family Development (MSF) findings, there are more than 300,000 people with sensory (blind and deaf) and physical disabilities in Singapore. With the prevalence of diabetes, myopia and aging population, there is an increasing demand for our services. Journey with us to transform lives through our life-long rehabilitation programmes by becoming a (recurring) donor, volunteer or planned giver today!