How Your Donation Makes a Difference
Thank you for donating 20 dollars.
Thank you for donating 50 dollars.
Thank you for donating 100 dollars.
Thank you for donating 200 dollars.
About Campaignends 12 Dec 2019, 11:59 PM
The late Ms Jaspreet Kaur, who was a single mother left behind a seven-year-old daughter, two younger brothers and an ageing mother.
We appeal to your generosity to support the bereaved family through this difficult period. Your donation, no matter the amount, will go a long way for them.
About the Charity
The Domestic Employees Welfare Fund (DEWF) was established in late 2016 by NTUC to help distressed domestic employees who approach the Centre for Domestic Employees (CDE) for assistance. The fund is managed by an appointed Board of Trustees together with CDE, and is administered in accordance with the Charities Act.
The objectives of the DEWF are to:
1. Assist by way of ex-gratia payments, subsistence allowances, repatriation cost (if applicable) to distressed domestic employees working in Singapore, when the circumstances warrant or in the event when employers have no means to fulfill their legal or employment-related responsibilities and obligations
2. Provide temporary shelter and medical support or otherwise; for distressed domestic employees when the circumstances warrant
3. Provide mediation and legal services for employment-related disputes resolution
4. Support engagement activities for domestic employees and promote understanding of local culture, ethics & norms for better social integration
5. Provide any assistance to distressed domestic employees or their next-of-kin where the Board of Trustees shall deem fit
6. Support upskilling, training and programmes to domestic employees where the Board of Trustees shall deem fit.