How Your Donation Makes a Difference
Online learning and skill development opportunities for persons with disabilities: Most of our trainings and engagements are now online. You will be contributing 10% overall cost for a member.
Income generating opportunities for a member: This amount will help develop Project Anchor that trains members to make handicrafts or sellable products/services to earn an income.
Training of Inclusion Ambassadors (IAs): The expense to train an Inclusion Ambassador is approximately $5,500. The amount donated will help the training of existing and new IAs.
Assistive technology training, purchase and support for a member: Most of our training and engagements are online. We need support to provide assistive technology devices to our members
Your monthly giving provides a steady stream of funds that enables us to provide better services and programmes for our members.
What we do?
A Voice of Our Own: We are an organisation for people with disabilities run by people with disabilities. We listen to the needs of all persons with disabilities in Singapore, their allies, carers and other social service organisations that provide essential services and we ensure their needs are represented at a national level. We provide a platform for all people with disabilities to speak up and ensure their voices are heard, and we represent those less able or comfortable to speak for themselves.
How we do it?
We help the disability community have a voice in society by working with decision-makers in political, commercial and educational institutions so that no decision that impacts us is made without us. We also provide training for both people with disabilities and the public, so we can work together to create an inclusive, accessible society we are all proud of.
- DPA Inclusion Ambassadors (IAs): Members with disabilities trained by DPA to effectively engage the public to raise awareness and promote inclusion of people with disabilities at various outreach events.
- Project Sunshine: IAs run social events for IAs across the various zones in Singapore, building teamwork and providing leadership opportunities.
Training and Public Awareness:
- Disability Awareness Talks (DATS): Public education talks and workshops by IAs.
- Access Guides: IAs producing Access Guides in collaboration with Levelfield Consultants for public spaces so visitors with disabilities have information to plan their outings.
- Public Education: A three-year partnership with NCSS to support the See the True Me campaign, IAs run interactive 'Let's Chat' events aimed at promoting engagement between persons with and without disabilities.
Consultation and Roundtable Meetings:
- DPA brings together persons with disabilities and other stakeholders to work together for the benefit of the disability community. These meetings are an opportunity for our partners to provide insights for DPA's disability-led research and impact on DPA's plans and programmes. The insights gathered from these consultations feed into civil society reports for the United Nations such as the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities, the Universal Periodic Review and the Convention on the Rights of the Child.
Our Wish List
Our members with disabilities have been trained to run inclusion workshops where we share the proceeds from each engagement with them.
The current Covid-19 situation means that our team has started to work remotely, but our Inclusion Ambassadors need IT equipment such as laptops, tablets/iPads to help them all dial in and run their sessions whilst we all do our part to social distance. This will allow DPA and our members to continue to work and receive much needed income during this period.
If you have any IT equipment that is in working order but older and not being used please consider donating to DPA for us to give to our Inclusion Ambassadors.
If you have something to donate, please contact Marissa at [email protected]