Christian Outreach to the Handicapped
How Your Donation Makes a Difference
The Christian Outreach to the Handicapped (COH) reaches out to intellectually handicapped individuals aged between 16 and 55. Many of the people we serve have either been born with, or acquired disabilities including:
Autism Spectrum Disorder,
Physical disabilities, and
We support our clients by providing day activity centres where they can experience varied and engaging programmes, tapping on their talents, abilities and interests.
The programmes encourage our clients to not only develop the necessary skills to achieve independence in their day-to-day activities, but also to boost their self-esteem and confidence levels.
Our goal is to help limit the divide between people that are able and those that are disabled, leading to a much needed acceptance that these individuals seek in their lives. Our organisation goes beyond simply helping these extraordinary people. We also provide their families with support, guidance and peace of mind. Our centre supplies families with time through the day that can be used for work, errands, or simply getting some rest so that they can offer the best possible support for their loved ones.
As an organisation that relies on the support of donations for day-to-day operations, your contribution is greatly appreciated.
The Emmanuel Activity Centres are located at 2 locations : Tampines and Toa Payoh, from Monday - Friday, 9am - 3pm). We provide a caring environment and work to promote more fulfilling lives for persons with disabilities.
Our range activities include:
1. Training in Activities of Daily Living covering personal grooming, feeding, mobility, toileting.
2. Training in Community Living Skills such as social skills, community mobility (using public facilities), community activities (include sports & games, performing arts, art & craft), home living (household chores).
3. Community Integration Projects.
4. Holistic and spiritual development through Bible-based instructions and activities.
5. Physiotherapy where required.
We also provide practical support to the families of our beneficiaries who need it.
- Thomas S. Handoyo
- Christian Outreach to the Handicapped