How Your Donation Makes a Difference
is able to contribute to a child's personalised festive gift / birthday cake / allowance for recreational outing
helps to provide a youth's personal allowance for a week / shopping trip for new year clothes / 4 assessment books for enrichment
will support funding for group arts and craft activities / child's subject tuition for a month / Home's weekly medical expenses
is able to sponsor a meal for all residents / educational trip for children / Home's weekly transport expenses
Thank you for donating in support of improving care for disadvantaged children and youth in our community.
Through managing Melrose Home, we hope to provide a nurturing home away from home for vulnerable and disadvantaged children and teenagers between the ages of 3 to 18 years old. Most of whom have been referred from Ministry of Social and Family Development's Child Protective Service.
Continued support from donors is greatly appreciated so that we can continue to provide quality residential care and meals, therapeutic and developmental services, enrichment and recreational programmes, and facilities management for the betterment of our residents interests and needs.
Academic Guidance & Support
Personal & Social Development
Case Work & Counselling
Family & Community Partnership
Aftercare & Mentoring
Our Wish List
Staple groceries such as:
- Rice (Jasmine white rice, mixed grain rice, Basmati rice)
- Noodles (dried beehoon, yellow noodles)
- Cooking oil (canola, sunflower, olive oil)
- Condiments (light soy sauce, sweet soy sauce, sesame oil, sesame salad dressing, mayonnaise)
- Packet milk and juice for children
- Frozen food items for longer storage (to supplement our weekly order of fresh fish, meats, and vegetables from our market)
Housekeeping supplies such as:
- Trash bags
- Toilet rolls (large & regular rolls)
- Facial Tissue (boxes)
- Hand Sanitizer (bottles)
- All-purpose floor cleaner (bottles)
- Dishwashing liquid (bottles)
- Liquid laundry detergent (bottles)
- Insecticides (spray cans)
Items suitable for daily group play for children and teenagers (6-18 years old) such as:
Badminton racket and shuttlecock sets
Table tennis racket and ball sets
Please get in touch with us to enquire if you have any sports or fitness equipment to donate. We can then advise on the suitability and whether we are able to accept. Thank you!
Instruments suitable for children and teenagers (6-18 years old) such as:
Electronic drum sets
Please get in touch with us to enquire if you have any musical instruments to donate. We can then advise on the suitability and whether we are able to accept. Thank you!