Our Campaign Storyends 25 Dec 2021, 11:59 PM
From my Sofa to Theatre stage :)
The story behind the scene :
I started learning electric bass about 3 years ago and was just nicely enjoying playing music on my own in my living room.
One day I was approached by Greg, the drummer, asking me to join his band as they were looking for a bassist. I wasn't sure to be skilled enough to join them but i went out of my comfort zone, at least to give it a try !
liked it so much that I never quit...and the band was so amazing, we immediately connected.
So we started playing together since March 2021.
Despite the covid situation in Singapore, we have managed to rehearse and create a decent cover songs repertoire.
Laurent is our lead guitar, Vega is our singer, we were later joined by Martin, also playing Electric Guitar and Caroline, on the keyboard and vocals.
we naturally volunteered to play for the 'Singathon' as the cause speaks to us.
Its gonna be the first time our band, THE GROUNDED plays for a "live" performance so its a great milestone for us and a thrilling performing challenge ! From the Sofa to the stage !
Each band has a 20 mn stage time inclusive of 15 mn set time
we will be performing at 5 PM Singapore time on the 5th of December, watch us live on this link :
We will be playing 4 rock pop songs for you.
Aiming to raise minimum 1000 Sing$ for this amazing charity and thrilled to perform for you guys ! Enjoy the show and sing along with us! Hope you have a great time. Let's Rock !
After a very successful 2020 Edition, Singathon is back on Sunday, 5th December 2021, with a bigger goal of raising $60,000 in support of Singtheatre's mission of Performing for a Better Society!
From 10 am to 10 pm, singers from all walks of life, age, and race will take turns every 20 minutes to perform all music styles.
Since 2013, Sing'theatre has brought live music to the hospitals with several programs such as:
- [email protected], an annual festival of music for all by all
- Weekly concerts programs at NUH and Tan Tock Seng Hospital and
- 365 days of [email protected] since October 2019, bringing 1 hour of live music every day in one of the public hospitals. Since Feb 2020, 365 days of [email protected] pivoted online. Big screens were set up in hospitals to allow patients to enjoy concerts where they could interact with the performers.
Sing'theatre is also working on a new program, "Singing for Good" that aims at creating singing groups with underserved communities as singing has been proven to have many positive impacts on health. Thus, offering weekly group singing sessions to those communities makes so much sense for Sing'theatre!
Discussions are on the way with few organisations, including Cancer support groups, to create online choirs.
#SGCares #GivingWeekSG #CityOfGood
About The Charity
Sing'theatre is a non-profit professional theatre company. Sing'theatre recognised as an Institution of Public Character. Our mission is to be a creative platform that uses music and theatre to help shape an inspiring future.
Our motto is PERFORMING FOR A BETTER SOCIETY by:
1. Producing musical revues and shows that open social dialogues in the Singaporean community and promote multicultural interaction
2. Making music and theatre universally accessible, especially in hospitals, reaching out in particular to the most isolated and underprivileged patients
3. Empowering youth and the community as a whole by sharing our passion for performing and providing top-level musical theatre training