How Your Donation Makes a Difference
Thank you for donating $10. Every dollar is a step closer towards helping more stroke survivors on their recovery journey.
Thank you for donating $50. Every dollar is a step closer towards helping more stroke survivors on their recovery journey.
Thank you for donating $100. Every dollar is a step closer towards helping more stroke survivors on their recovery journey.
Thank you for donating $200. Every dollar is a step closer towards helping more stroke survivors on their recovery journey.
Our Campaign Storyends 31 Jan 2017, 11:59 PM
My mother suffered a stroke, so stroke support is something close to my heart.
Before the stroke, she was a very energetic and vibrant lady who loved travelling. But her stroke meant that she couldn't move or talk anymore, and it was difficult seeing her go from a lady who could speak so many languages (Mandarin, English, Japanese, French and Chinese dialects) to not being able to speak at all.
There is so much we can do to raise awareness of stroke support, especially in recognising the signs of a stroke. Being able to recognise when a person is having a stroke can make all the difference in how much a person can recover from it.
My mother was fortunate in that she had a really strong family support by her side, throughout her journey. Not everyone has that, and that's why I believe that the work of S3 is so, so important.
Please support S3 today. To help meet S3's target, Agape Foundation will match every dollar you donate!
On behalf of all stroke patients who will benefit, thank you for your generosity!
(Dollar for Dollar matching up to $10,000.)
About The Charity
Stroke Support Station (S3) is a non-profit organisation. Your generous donations will go a long way towards helping primarily stroke survivors in subsizing our programmes and services.
We don't believe in giving up on stroke survivors.
We don't believe that caregivers should go unnoticed, unappreciated and unsupported.
We don't believe that any of the 5,500 of 6,600 patients who survive a stroke should end up facing the walls at home forever, after discharged from hospitals or rehabilitation centres.
We believe that stroke survivors, regardless of financial status, should have access to an avenue to recovery.
We believe in Hope.
S3 was set up by a group of volunteers from different walks of life. They bring with them different skillsets, and aim to:
- bridge the gap in the current landscape in the care of stroke survivors, their family members and caregivers.
- enhance stroke survivors' recovery opportunities and improve their overall quality of life.
We will achieve it through:
- providing a series of innovative programmes, incorporating physio-emotional, speech, and occupational therapies.
- providing social-emotional support, seeking to rebuild confidence and independence.
- providing support services, education and training to stroke survivors as well as their caregivers, family members, volunteers, and members of other VWOs that care for stroke survivors.
- using evidence-based and sustainable methodologies.
- using new approaches, technology and methodologies.