How Your Donation Makes a Difference
This will provide one way transport for a child a day to Arc.
This will ensure a safe haven for a child a day.
This will provide developmental therapy for a child a day.
Every child's education is precious. This sum will provide for a child for three weeks.
Our Campaign Storyends 19 Nov 2018, 11:59 PM
In the early morning hours of 20 July 2017, our little boy died. He was only ten weeks old. His name was Ryder.
At the time, we believed the cause of death to be Sudden Infant Death Syndrome or SIDS, formerly known as cot death. In the weeks and months that followed, we eventually discovered that he had actually died from viral pneumonia. According to the autopsy. Once again, our lives were ripped apart. How could we not know? How did we fail him as parents? Are we to blame? He seemed so healthy and happy? It didn't make any sense then, and it still doesn't make any sense now.
But what matters to Sue and I now, is that we continue to help infants in any way we possibly can. So, as we did last year, we have organised a Ride For Ryder 94km and 20km cycle to raise funds for Arc Children's Centre. Please join the ride, or donate whatever you can.
This is for our little man Ryder, and all the children and parents in Singapore that may need help.
About The Charity
Since 2011, Arc has served as a safe and healthy daycare centre outside the hospital for more than 200 children, ages 3-16 years, with cancer or other life-threatening illnesses and their families, regardless of race or religion. Besides our education and enrichment programmes, we provide nutritious meals, transport, physiotherapy, behavioural therapy and counselling for the children.
Everything we do in our circle of care is founded on our 5 values:
- Simplicity: To first and foremost meet the basic needs of the families in our care while giving thanks to life's simple gifts
- Joy: Uplift the children and their families with the spirit of joyous giving
- Compassion: Love is at the heart of all we do and the reason we are passionate about helping these children in need
- Support: We offer families a foundation of hope to build upon during difficult times
- Commitment: Our steadfast team of staff and volunteers are devoted to the well being of the children and families in our care