250km Desert Run to raise $50,000 for Mental Health
by Mental Muscle
Our Campaign Storyends 31 Aug 2016, 11:59 PM
We are Mental Muscle, a team of four medical students who will be taking part in a Desert Race in May 2016. The race will be held in Namib Desert, spanning 7 days, where we have to cover 250km each.
Our goal is to raise funds and awareness for Mental Health and we are very privileged to be working closely with the Singapore Association for Mental Health (SAMH) as our beneficiary.
We aim to raise $50,000 for SAMH, which will be used in 3 areas:
1) Building a vocational training school for young adults affected by psychiatric conditions to equip them with workforce skills.
2) Increase SAMH's awareness campaigns, roadshows and health talks.
3) Sustain SAMH’s existing services and facilities.
You can follow us on the following platforms to learn more:
• Webpage – www.mentalmuscle.org
• Facebook – www.fb.com/mentalmuscle
• Instagram – www.instagram.com/mental.muscle
We hope you will consider donating, every contribution will be received with our deepest gratitude.
Established in December 1968, SAMH seeks to promote mental health, to prevent mental illness, and to improve the care and rehabilitation of the mentally ill and the emotionally disturbed.
Your generous contributions will help fund SAMH programmes for promotion of mental wellness, prevention and reduction of mental health concerns, rehabilitation and support for persons with mental illness and support services for caregivers. These programmes will further contribute to the increased mental well-being of people in Singapore.