How Your Donation Makes a Difference
Gift of Comfort and Dignity - 1 week of diapers for a severely disabled beneficiary
Gift of Senior Befriendment - 1 month of home monitoring and psychosocial support for an isolated elderly
Gift of Care and Love - 1 month of educational kit for a child's reading and tuition programme
Gift of Assurance - 1 month of essential food vouchers for one family affected by Covid-19
Our Campaign Storyends 14 Dec 2021, 11:59 PM
This fundraiser created by SIM iCare serves as a sub-campaign to the Be a Red Cross Champion event.
It aims to raise awareness about the less fortunate groups of people in our society, including the elderly, the disabled, the youths as well as disadvantaged families. The impact of the pandemic has been most greatly felt by these people and we hope to ignite the kampong spirit by giving them our fullest support.
In lifting them up, this initiative ultimately hopes to promote a more compassionate and empathetic community.
The Singapore Red Cross continues to brace itself for a steep drop in cash donations in this current unfortunate COVID-19 climate which is critically needed to ramp up our efforts to uplift the most vulnerable in our community, who are amongst the hardest hit.
At Singapore Red Cross, your contributions go towards helping our seniors, families, disabled, and vulnerable in the community:
- Red Cross Home for the Disabled (RCHD)and Day Activity Centre (DAC), which provides residential, respite and daycare services to over 100 adults and children with multiple disabilities.
- ElderAid and HoME+ (Home Monitoring and Eldercare), mobilises community volunteers in caring, befriending and building the resilience of the elderly. HoME+ provides home monitoring and response for seniors living on their own.
- TransportAid, enables the elderly and/or disabled from low-income homes to get to and from their medical treatments, rehabilitation and daycare centres.
- Family LifeAid, provides food vouchers and nutritious food to low-income families, hand-delivered with love.
- Centre for Occupational Learning and Employment (COLE) mitigates the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the livelihoods of vulnerable communities, through basic employability training and job facilitation for Singaporeans.
Please do support us to ensure our beneficiaries receive the help they need. Be a Champion for them today!
Thank you from all of us at Singapore Red Cross! #CityofGood
About The Charity
The Singapore Red Cross (SRC) is a homegrown humanitarian organisation dedicated to relieve human suffering, protect lives and dignity and respond to emergencies since 1949. Our blood donor mobilisation programme, home for the disabled, transport aid, food aid, community led action for resilience, community first aid and training derive from our mission to serve the vulnerable.