Our Campaign Storyends 31 Mar 2023, 11:59 PM
Geylang Methodist School (Secondary) is a mission school started by the Methodist Church in Singapore in 1924.
With God's help, we have been faithfully serving the Geylang community by making a difference through education. GMS(S) will celebrate our 100th Anniversary in 2024 and we thank God for his faithfulness and protection.
Our staff believe that all students can learn and seek to provide a current and relevant Holistic Education that will develop Future-Ready students. We believe that it takes a Whole Village to raise a child and we are grateful for the support of partners and well-wishers.
We seek to raise funds through the Methodist Walk to build a Green Trail in our school and so bless this and future generations of students. We believe the therapeutic effect of having nature and greenery in the school will be good for the mental well-being of students and staff. The Green Trail, a living classroom, will also complement our efforts to help students learn about Sustainability so that they can be better stewards of the Earth.
Improving the Mental Health for both students and staff is a key school focus. Important initiatives such as training Peer Support Leaders have been implemented in our inaugural Mental Health Week in 2022. We aim to build on these efforts and believe that the Green Trail will allow students and staff to enjoy nature and unwind.
We seek your generous donation so that we can build our Green Trail!
The MethodistWalk is a biennial fundraising activity organised by the Methodist Schools' Foundation (MSF), on behalf of the 15 Methodist schools in Singapore:
1. Anglo-Chinese School (Primary)
2. Anglo-Chinese School (Junior)
3. Anglo-Chinese School (Barker Road)
4. Anglo-Chinese School (Independent)
5. Anglo-Chinese School (International)
6. Anglo-Chinese Junior College
7. Fairfield Methodist School (Primary)
8. Fairfield Methodist School (Secondary)
9. Geylang Methodist School (Primary)
10. Geylang Methodist School (Secondary)
11. Methodist Girls' School
12. Paya Lebar Methodist Girls' School (Primary)
13. Paya Lebar Methodist Girls' School (Secondary)
14. St Francis Methodist School
15. Methodist Sch of Music
Traditionally, on the last Saturday in March, student representatives from all 15 Methodist schools gather together with teachers, family members and supporters from the Methodist churches, to walk together and raise money for the individual needs of their schools.
About The Charity
The Methodist Schools' Foundation is an institution of public character established in 1997 with the following objectives:
- Construct, maintain and improve the school buildings and facilities of the Methodist schools in Singapore
- Purchase educational equipment, teaching aids for the Methodist schools in Singapore
- Provide financial assistance and bursaries to needy students
The Methodist Schools in Singapore and their needy students are the beneficiaries of the Foundation's programmes and fundraising activities. The Foundation is governed by a 11-person Board of Trustees, which is assisted by an Investment Committee.