How Your Donation Makes a Difference
Provides 1 newly release inmate with 1 Restart Kit (EZ-Link card & supermarket vouchers) to cover basic sustenance for 1 month
Provides 1 disadvantaged child with 1 month's subsidy for student care services
Provides 1 troubled youth with 1 month's help to develop their self-esteem and cultivate good character
Provides 1 low-income family with 1 month's supply of essential food and school items
Our Campaign Storyends 31 Jan 2021, 11:59 PM
We all make mistakes. But, some mistakes can be costly and land people in jail. Upon release, ex-offenders will likely face adjustment difficulties, uncertainties and obstacles - "Will I be given another chance?", "Can I get a job?", "Do I have a place in the society?".
Lakeside Family Services provides a wide range of services and programmes to offenders, ex-offenders and their families:
1. Family Resource Centre @ Changi Prison Link Centre - a one-stop centre for prisoners and their families providing financial assistance, and casework support to families of pre-selected inmates after release
2. Televisit services (teleconferencing) in a safe and caring environment where families connect with their loved ones in prison
3. Casework support to offenders on the Work Release Scheme
4. Life skills workshop through Release Preparation Programme
6. Family bonding opportunities through events, celebrations and workshops
Your generous donation will enable Lakeside Family Services to continue providing holistic services and programmes to help offenders/ex-offenders reconnect with their families & reintegrate into society.
Yes, they may have made mistakes. But, they have paid their dues. In any case, these are our fellow men, our people. Let's give them a chance to rebuild their lives.
Thank you very much for your kindness and support.
Note: All donations will go towards supporting Lakeside's work with the incarcerated.
About The Charity
Lakeside is a charity which has served the community in Jurong since 1993, regardless of race, language, or religion.
We develop resilience in disadvantaged children, mould troubled youths into contributing individuals, empower active seniors to help lonely seniors, assist ex-offenders in reintegrating into society, and help women with unsupported pregnancies.
We are an Institution of a Public Character (IPC) and a member of the National Council of Social Service (NCSS).
Find out more at www.lakeside.org.sg.