CARE to Run - SAJC Cross-Country 2017
by SAJC House Council
Our Campaign Storyends 10 Mar 2017, 11:59 PM
St Andrew's Junior College (SAJC) 17th House Council is raising funds in support of the Day Activity Centre (DAC) at St. Andrew's Autism Centre (SAAC). This is held in conjunction with SAJC Cross Country, which will be held on 1 March. Since 2013, SAJC has been raising funds for SAAC with the aim to help DAC to continue providing training and support in the development of daily living skills, recreational skills, vocational and community living skills for adults with autism. Every little contribution can make a difference in the lives of the people with Autism.
Founded in 1913, SAMH serves 5 key areas:
- POST-ACUTE HOSPITAL CARE: through St. Andrew's Community Hospital (SACH), it provides inpatient rehabilitative and sub-acute care. SACH also operates a Palliative Ward, a Dementia Ward, Day Rehabilitation Centre, Outpatient Clinic, Home Healthcare and Community Therapy Services.
- AUTISM SERVICE: through St. Andrew's Autism Centre, a special school for children and youths with autism aged 7 to 18, and a Day Activity Centre for adults aged 19 and beyond.
- PSYCHIATRIC LONG-TERM CARE: through St. Andrew's Nursing Home, it provides recovery-oriented care for persons with psychiatric illnesses.
- SENIOR CARE: through St. Andrew's Senior Care, it provides community based eldercare services including day care, dementia day care, community rehabilitation, home healthcare services and centre-based nursing.
- COUNSELLING & TRAINING: through St. Andrew's Lifestreams, it provides counselling and training for those in the care professions.