How Your Donation Makes a Difference
This will provide one way transport for a child a day to Arc.
This will ensure a safe haven for a child a day.
This will provide developmental therapy for a child a day.
Every child's education is precious. This sum will provide for a child for three weeks.
Our Campaign Storyends 27 Jun 2018, 11:59 PM
My wife Irene and I are planning to walk the Camino de Santiago, an ancient pilgrimage route starting from St. Jean Pied Du Port in France to Santiago de Compostela, where the remains of the Apostle St. James are believed to be interred. This route covers a total distance of about 780 km.
We plan to walk for about 7-8 weeks covering about 20-25 km per day, six days a week, and resting on the seventh day. We will keep everyone posted of our progress on FB and instagram but will definitely need your support and prayers to persevere and walk the full distance.
We hope to raise funds for Arc Children Centre, a charity that provides sanctuary and support for children recovering from illnesses and their families. You can find out more about what they do at www.arcchildren.org. Please support Arc by donating perhaps a certain amount for every km that we walk on the Camino. Or you could pledge a fixed amount.
About The Charity
Since 2011, Arc has served as a safe and healthy daycare centre outside the hospital for more than 200 children, ages 3-16 years, with cancer or other life-threatening illnesses and their families, regardless of race or religion. Besides our education and enrichment programmes, we provide nutritious meals, transport, physiotherapy, behavioural therapy and counselling for the children.
Everything we do in our circle of care is founded on our 5 values:
- Simplicity: To first and foremost meet the basic needs of the families in our care while giving thanks to life's simple gifts
- Joy: Uplift the children and their families with the spirit of joyous giving
- Compassion: Love is at the heart of all we do and the reason we are passionate about helping these children in need
- Support: We offer families a foundation of hope to build upon during difficult times
- Commitment: Our steadfast team of staff and volunteers are devoted to the well being of the children and families in our care