How Your Donation Makes a Difference
funds our call logging system that maintains all our 24-hour hotline rescue calls for a year.
funds our rescue hotline that will pay for 2 months' worth of wildlife rescue phone bills
funds our rescue van that powers our 24-hour wildlife rescue van for 2 weeks.
funds our veterinary costs that covers our veterinary expenses for a month.
Our Campaign Storyends 08 Mar 2021, 11:59 PM
ACRES is amazing, we all know about the SPCA; looking out for companion animals. ACRES Singapore is the ONLY organisation looking out for our wild animal friends (snakes, lizards, birds ( not just pigeons ;-) ) etc.)
What they do (in case you don't know)
- Rescue hotline and mobile rescue team
- Rehabilitation and repatriation
- Fighting the good fight against the illegal pet trade
- Looking out for the largely misunderstood exotics of Singapore
What am I doing?
- Running 4 miles (6.437km) every 4 hours, for 48 hours
- So you don't have to do the Mathematics, that's 48 miles total, or 77.249km.
- Google David Goggins, he has a great story, this is his idea; it's the second year and a lot of human's will be doing this for various charities.
When am I doing this?
- March 5th, 8pm Singapore Time
- So, 8pm, 12am, 4am, 8am, 12pm, 4pm, 8pm, 12am, 4am, 8am, 12pm. 4pm and collapse!
What is your part, you may ask yourself?
- Donate, let's try. and get this amazing organisation $1000 (or more)
- Give a litte, give a lot, it all depends on what you've got!
- Support me on instagram (4x4x4fortheanimals) and follow along
- Get out there, run, walk, join me, even if it's not at 4am ;-)
- It's all above board, the money goes directly to ACRES; not through me
- They're registered, and legal in Singapore
- It was the lowest fee option available so as much as possible of the funds make a difference to ACRES and the animals
About The Charity
ACRES is a pioneering Singapore-based charity with a sole aim to advocate for an end to animal cruelty in our own backyard. With Singapore's first facility dedicated to the rescue and rehabilitation of animals rescued from the illegal wildlife trade and injured native wild animals we speak up for more animals via our five focus areas: Tackling Wildlife Crime in Singapore, Humane Education, Promoting Cruelty-Free Living, Community Outreach, and Wildlife Rescue and Rehabilitation.
Since our founding in May 2001, ACRES has helped effect several environmental shifts that pushed Singapore forward in the animal protection movement. Alongside collaborative efforts with governmental agencies, we seek to nurture a responsible society from grassroots level to the individual homes where animals are treated with compassion and respect.