How Your Donation Makes a Difference
This will provide one way transport for a child a day to Arc.
This will ensure a safe haven for a child a day.
This will provide developmental therapy for a child a day.
Every child's education is precious. This sum will provide for a child for three weeks.
Our Campaign Storyends 04 Dec 2017, 11:59 PM
3rd Dec Update: I've completed my 3rd and final run as Rey with R2D2. Thank you everyone for your support and your generous donations.
4th Aug Update: I've completed two of the three runs and I'm looking forward to my final 10km run on 3rd Dec.
I will be embarking on a personal goal of raising funds for the ARC Children's Centre by setting out to participate in 3 runs dressed as various Star Wars characters.
For those who know me, you will know that I'm a big Star Wars fan and have a super soft spot for children.
Thus, I'm combining my love for the two and hope you will support me in my goal of raising $5,000 for the Arc Children's Center.
My first run starts with the Star Wars Run Singapore on 6th May, at 7pm where I will be dressed as Obi-Wan Kenobe to complete the 4.5km run.
My next run will be the Singtel - Singapore Cancer Society Race Against Cancer Run scheduled for 30th July at 7am where I will be dressed as a Stormtrooper to complete the 5km run.
My third and final run will be the Standard Chartered Marathon on 3rd December at 7am. This run sits closest to my heart as it's a run I continue to do with my family in memory of my dearest brother, Gary, the biggest Star Wars fan I know.
I will run the 10km dressed as either R2D2 or Darth Vader.
Thank you for your support and donation.
About The Charity
Since 2011, Arc has served as a safe and healthy daycare centre outside the hospital for more than 200 children, ages 3-16 years, with cancer or other life-threatening illnesses and their families, regardless of race or religion. Besides our education and enrichment programmes, we provide nutritious meals, transport, physiotherapy, behavioural therapy and counselling for the children.
Everything we do in our circle of care is founded on our 5 values:
- Simplicity: To first and foremost meet the basic needs of the families in our care while giving thanks to life's simple gifts
- Joy: Uplift the children and their families with the spirit of joyous giving
- Compassion: Love is at the heart of all we do and the reason we are passionate about helping these children in need
- Support: We offer families a foundation of hope to build upon during difficult times
- Commitment: Our steadfast team of staff and volunteers are devoted to the well being of the children and families in our care