The Breastfeeding Mothers' Support Group Singapore (BMSG) is the first and only non-profit organisation that reaches out to breastfeeding mothers and mothers-to-be through our counselling services, workshops and talks as well as public events.
We are not funded in any way by any agency on a regular basis and are managed mostly by volunteers and only two part-time admin staff. All our counsellors are volunteers who do not take payment or gratuity for personal use, for the services we perform. All donations go to the BMSG for operational funds.
Funds will help to defray the operating expenses of running an organisation and go towards hiring staff to manage the day-to-day operations to serve moms better.
We are a non-profit, mother-to-mother support organisation. We offer emotional support and education for pregnant & breastfeeding mothers & families. We also aim to create public awareness about breastfeeding in the Singaporean community.
To find out more about BMSG, you can visit our Facebook page or our website: http://www.facebook.com/bmsg.singapore http://www.breastfeeding.org.sg/
You can also call our free breastfeeding hotline, to speak to one of trained counsellors - 6339 3558
Some information of what we do:
1. Counselling and mother support
- Through phone helpline, social media and mother meet-ups. - Supporting the Baby-Friendly Hospital Initiative (BFHI) in Singapore hospitals
- Through a comprehensive counselling training programme - Holding breastfeeding workshops & events for pregnant and breastfeeding mothers and families
3. Public Awareness & Advocacy in the Community
- Reaching out to mothers & the community through public events and the media - Working collaboratively with SIFECS, ABAS & other organisations to protect breastfeeding