Adventist Nursing & Rehabilitation Centre
How Your Donation Makes a Difference
Established in 1997, the Adventist Nursing and Rehabilitation Centre is a Voluntary Welfare Organisation with IPC status, focusing on rehabilitating and integrating our beneficiaries back to mobility and independence. The centre specializes in intensive physiotherapy and occupational therapy to beneficiaries suffering from stroke, Parkinson's disease, post amputee, head traumas and other neuromuscular disorders. As part of the overall holistic healing journey, the centre also advocates the benefits of a healthy lifestyle in preventing recurrence of strokes and other lifestyle diseases.
The centre offers the following programmes which encourage active participation in regaining maximum degree of independence:
1. Active Rehabilitation: An individualized programme designed for beneficiaries with neurological and orthopaedic conditions
2. Maintenance Rehabilitation: Daily structured and therapeutic group activities for beneficiaries to maintain their functional, cognitive and perceptual status with gradual community re-integration
3. Integrated Rehabilitation: Combination of active and maintenance activities and exercises
4. Home Rehabilitation: Home based therapy for beneficiaries who are unable to attend community based rehabilitation yet still wants to be actively and mentally engaged in active or maintenance rehabilitation. Home environment assessments are also offered.
5. Fundamentals of Care Giving: Caregiver Training and Health Talks